Tuesday, July 26, 2005  

[Anticipatin'.....]

Things don't look good.

I can only bid for my modules from Round 1C onwards. Looking at the stats after Round 1A, 3 of my 4 core modules' next lowest bid is 1. That's good, since it means most likely supply exceeded demand.

However, one of my modules' next highest bid was 501. Crap. This means demand exceeded supply. I think it's very, very unlikely that the modules I want actually has reserved slots for "new" students since no "new" student could possibly take them (except me). So as things stand, I may have problem getting 1 of my core modules.

Then....About the GEM my friend and I were planning to take. It seems that the last time the module was up for bidding, the bids went all the way up to 1000+ points. That is quite insane and even if I have enough points (which I don't) I would seriously consider before placing a bid. I still need to bid for CFMs, SS and perhaps a few UEs from my General Acct. My current plan is to drop the GEM if the bid points went through the roof, and take CS2301 instead (provided I pass my QET). Then again, by Round 2A, it's hard to say how many slots are left for CS2301. If I can't get my CS2301 or my GEM....Things would get really hairy.

I hate this, not being in control. I feel really handicapped by not being about to bid from Round 1A onwards. I wouldn't be so worried if someone told me for sure that there are "new" student quotas for *every* module. If there are "new" student quotas for my core modules, getting them should not be a problem at all since 95% of the "new" student population cannot take them anyway.

Bidding for modules last semester was a lot less stressful.

On a separate note, went down to school today to participate in a "compulsory" survey. When I got there, the people in charge told me that they had enough male participants already and I need not complete the survey. WTF....Wasted my time for nothing. At least 3 of my friends also met with the same fate.

^^^ by Locksley @ 6:20 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS