Monday, May 02, 2005  

[Winning ways...]

Last night Manchester United beat Charlton 4-0. It was one of their best performances this season, away from home too. If they played like this throughout, Chelsea would not be the holders this season.

I saw my black neon tetra laying eggs this morning. It was in my main tank, and the first thing I noticed was that they seemed to be extra restless this morning, darting about here and there. It never occurred to be that the female was laying eggs, since they were supposed to spawn only in acidic water and in darkness, both of which were not present in my tank. Anyway, I saw the female scatter her eggs in the water, kinda like "fireworks". All the other surrounding fishes came in and gobbled up all her eggs.

I've taken her and another male out and left them in a small tank. There are plenty of eggs on the base right now, I hope at least some has been fertilized by the male. I don't have any water testing kits, so I don't know how soft or hard or acidic the water is, but hopefully the water conditions are good enough for the eggs to hatch. Hey, they were not supposed to spawn in the first place....So, fingers crossed.

^^^ by Locksley @ 10:15 AM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS