Tuesday, May 10, 2005  

[Now I know why you wanna hate me....Cause hate is all the world's ever seen lately...]

In today's papers, there's a big hoo-ha over MIW providing some new services or something for the people involved in National Slavery. Oops...I mean National Service. Honestly, I did not read any of the articles in detail (I have better things to do), but most of it are about how great the site is, how useful it is, etc etc. From personal experience, I have 2 things to say:
  1. The site is slow.
  2. I was unable to book my IPPT online. Even the tech support guy for MIW couldn't do it for me when I called them up.
  3. Who the fuck cares about the site?

MIW is a local website. I'm on broadband, and it's still slower than most of the foreign websites. The speed has improved lately, but a while back, the speed was so slow that I gave up surfing the damn site. And now they are replacing the green booklet that we have for recording our ICT attendances and stuff with an online version....I'm telling you, I'm pretty sure that at least a few of our attendances would not be captured and we would have to call them to straighten things out. Ok, to be fair, that's got nothing to do with the site. More to do with the idiots pushing paper in the office, but still....

Typical SAF "wayang" tactic. A small achievement has to be broadcasted to the country in the loudest voice possible. In this day and age, the services provided by MIW are really nothing to crow about. If anything, we should be asking why wasn't it implemented earlier.

Another thing I've been wanting to get off my chest is about a local TV show. Eye For A Guy 2. Yes, 2. This show was so bad I couldn't believe they came back with a second season. Basically this show follows the footsteps of it's American sibling Bachelorette, where one girl gets to choose a guy from a pool of them (who have no self-respect IMO).

I've never caught the full 30 mins of the show. Last week I saw the ending part of the show while waiting for Amazing Race to start. The girl in question (who wasn't even *that* hot) was ripping off a guy about how she never thought of him as ordinary until he said it himself. "Ripping off" as in really scolding the guy. And the guy just stood there and took it. What a geek. On the teaser for next week's episode, two guys were eliminated and were replaced by two white foreigners. During a dialogue session, one of the local guys asked them what they wanted to be when they grew up. It would be funny if the guy himself wasn't so pathetic to begin with.

Every once in a while you see articles in the papers about how local women think of local men as not being good enough, and flock towards the expats. Take a walk down Orchard Rd and you'll see many male expats holding hands with a local girl. This show just exemplifies how pathetic local guys are.

Com'on guys....Strap on a pair.

^^^ by Locksley @ 10:41 AM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS