Saturday, November 06, 2004  

[Life...]

One thing I learnt while in the SAF was to be ready for anything. Maybe not so much being "ready", per se, but not to be too surprised. Nobody thought we would ever get activated when we were on standby, but we were. Nobody thought we would ever be involved in a real operation, but we were. And just when I needed it the most, NS was reduced by 2 months.

It's been almost 5 months since that annoucement was made. And till this day, I'm still feeling the ripples. Just 3 days ago, I'd have gotten my 3rd stripe if I were still in service.

Then this morning, another ripple hit me. Maybe more than a ripple. A wave.

I saw the letter on my keyboard. The very one I'm using now to type this. It's a letter from NUS, asking me if I'd like to matriculate this coming January, instead of waiting till August.

This, of course, throws my plans out of whack. I has intended to work till July, go for Lasik with the money I made, and then support myself through Uni with the money leftover. Looks like that's out of the window now. Looks like I get to save some time...But lose some freedom and leverage when it comes to the moolah.

Life's a funny thing.

^^^ by Locksley @ 1:19 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS