Friday, April 16, 2004  

[What a week...]

Monday. Rehearsed for the opening parade for Ex Maju Bersama.

Tuesday. Actual parade. Some genius decided that it was appropriate to have the parade at 10:30am. The sun was scrotching hot...As was Monday. Received a call in the evening from IDA, asking me to go for a test tomorrow. Fingers crossed that I'd make it to the next round of selections. Then, CSM gathered a bunch of us into his office, and asked if we wanted to become 3rd Sergeants. I said yes, and I'm so regretting it now. The last 6 months of my service, I can spend it lazing around, but no.....If I were to go for AISL, I'd be a trainee. Kinda like BMT all over again. I'm not looking forward to that. Last I heard, the chances of me being selected is pretty high... :(

Wednesday. Live firing exercise rehearsal. In the SAF, we rehearse everything. So when war comes, I'm pretty sure we'd be asking our enemies to rehearse before the actual battle. :) Anyway, it was an extremely hot day, and I did not stop sweating throughout. Almost got heat exhaustion when I fell asleep under the sun for 2 hours....

Thursday. Actual live firing. By now, everyone's just bored and want to go home. Cpt Eric came back at night to give me my testimonial. Did I mention I was Best Soldier for the month of March? :D Anyway, talked about our possible move to AISL which he is now the course commander of. He said he's worried that my "strong character" would cause problems there. Oh yeah...I'm sure gonna cause some problems alright... *big wide evil grin*

Friday. Supposed to take half day off, but SOC training in the afternoon threw that out the window. Then, a CO interview threw SOC training out the window for me. The others as well actually, since it was CAT 1 and training could not continue. In the end, had to forgo the half day and make do with a long weekend instead. I can't believe I didn't complain to CO about RT on Sundays. That was my big chance, and I blew it. It was a crappy interview anyway...Only 5 minutes and it was hard, since CO knows nothing about me. I'm now in running for Best Soldier of the Battalion, and all I've got to my name is a lousy, no-good 5 minute interview. :P

This has been one hell of a week. Because of the very hot weather we've been having, most of us are suffering from some sort of heat rash or sunburn now. I've a sunburnt back (which I don't understand why), heat rashes on my back, elbows, knees and ankles.

To top it all off...One of my guppies got dropsy and died. :(

^^^ by Locksley @ 10:26 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS