Saturday, March 06, 2004  

[The miracle of birth...]

2 of my female guppies gave birth today. Current fry count is 12. Quite a stroke of luck. I came home from the Life Run and fed my fishes, and noticed one of them wasn't eating. Taking that as a sign, I put her into the hatchery. Found 3 fries in the filter box, followed by 2 more later. I think when I came home, the birthing process has already started for a while. One fry actually tunneled deep into the gravel to hide. I saw it twice as it was just next to the glass, having tunneled itself to the side of the tank.

Good thing I turned down an invitation to go for brunch after the run. If I did, I'm not sure how many fries could be saved.

On a more serious note, I need to use English more often. I realised the other day when I was talking to a shopkeeper that I actually got tongue-tied! That never used to happen. I guess it was due to the mostly Chinese and dialect environment I am in now. Kinda scary.....In a way I guess. :P

^^^ by Locksley @ 6:23 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS